Corporate Marketing Director
News Corp is looking for a Corporate Marketing Director to join our dynamic sales team in NYC. At the nucleus of this corporate function is a new audience and insights platform, (NEWS IQ) which for the first time, combines all of News Corps first party data, brand safe media properties, social listening technologies and custom content capabilities into one unified advertising solution.
As a founding member, you will serve as a backbone of the organization and help build the marketing function from the ground up. This person will own the strategy, execution and budget to drive 3 main objectives:
- Establish the News IQ brand and re-introduce the News Corp brand to the marketing community;
- Help the cross-function sales organization drive revenue through the development of trade marketing initiatives and customer specific campaign concepts;
- Ensure the development of all marketing materials and customer proposals are strategic, clear, consistent and delivered on-time. This is a high profile position with a great deal of resources that will start as an individual contributor.
If you are an executive with a brand marketers mind and someone who is as creative as you are analytical and someone who loves to build businesses from the ground up, we’d love to hear from you!
- Trade Marketing & Thought Leadership: Develop a trade-marketing plan that demonstrates News Corps leadership position in the market, brings awareness to the News IQ business and ultimately, drives leads to the sales organization. Develop and lead multiple campaigns with clear KPI’s that are in alignment with team priorities and pipeline goals.
- Product Marketing & Internal Communications: Ensure all products have proper marketing documentation for both internal and external use. Work in collaboration with account management and sales to execute a communication process for all new initiatives; Build and maintain a central repository of all content.
- GTM Strategy: Work with senior leadership to refine News IQ strategy and positioning in the marketplace. Represent the product marketing function in development of new solutions and partnerships that drive revenue.
- GTM Materials & Proposal Development: Work with the global sales organization to generate big ideas, custom solutions and strategic wrap-up reports that drive revenue with key verticals and accounts. Build client-facing materials that can be used consistently across the organization (vertical presentations, one-sheets, proposal templates, case studies, wrap-up reports, white papers, etc…)
- Budget and Vendor Management: Own the marketing budget and relationships with all vendors to ensure all initiatives are delivered on-time and that the budget is properly allocated and managed.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 5+ years of experience in a corporate marketing or trade marketing function within a sales driven organization; Experience in digital media or publishing industries required
- Entrepreneurial and hands-on mind-set required; As a founding member you will establish this function as an individual contributor and scale your organization based on growth
- Previous experience building scalable digital advertising solutions leveraging first party data and/or third party data solutions is preferred
- Experience building digital content marketing solutions is preferred
- 2+ years of management experience is preferred
- Ability to travel up to 20% of time to attend industry events and interact with customers
- Team mentality required. Communicate well, be resilient and serve as a source of positive energy for everyone around you
- Demonstrated history of consistent goal achievement with proven ability to multi-task, prioritize, and manage time efficiently
- Campaign management experience with proven ability to drive requirements across multiple functional areas
- Experience with Salesforce and various marketing automation tools